Monday, February 4, 2008

Heaven's Grocery Store

I was walking down life's highway a long time ago,
and day I saw a sign that read "Heaven's Grocery Store".

As I got a little closer the door came open wide,
And when I came to myself I was standing inside.

I saw a host of Angels. They were standing everywhere.
One handed me a basket and said, "My child shop with care.
Everything a Christian needs is in this grocery store.
And if you could not carry them all, you can come back for more".

First I got some PATIENCE. LOVE was in the same row.
Further down was UNDERSTANDING, needed everywhere you go.

I got a box of or two of WISDOM, a bag or two of FAITH,
I couldn't miss the Holy Ghost, He was all over the place.
I stopped to get some STRENGTH & COURAGE to help me win the race.
And though my basket was getting full, I remembered to get some GRACE.

I didn't forget SALVATION for that was free.
So I tried to get enough for you and me.
Then I started to the counter to pay my grocery bill,
for I thought I had everything to do my Master's will.

As I went up the aisle, I saw PRAYER and had to put it in,
for I knew when I stepped outside, I would run into SIN.
PEACE & JOY were plentiful, they were on the last shelf,
SONG & PRAISES were hanging near, so I just helped myself.

Then I said to the Angel, "How much do I owe?"
The Angel smiled and said "Just take them everywhere you go".

Again I smiled at him and said "How much do I really owe?".

The Angel smiled again and said,
"My child, Jesus paid your bill a long time ago".

No comments: